REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Subject: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE DESIGN AND SUPERVISION OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW GUYANA REVENUE AUTHORITY HEADQUARTERS BUILDING, AT PLANTATION PATTENSEN, GREATER GEORGETOWN. REGION # 4.
1. The Government of Guyana (hereinafter called “client”) through the Guyana Revenue Authority intends to apply for the procurement of consultative services.You are hereby invited to submit technical and financial proposals for providing those services, which could form the basis for future negotiations and ultimately a contract between you and the Procuring Entity.
2. The purpose of this assignment is to provide DESIGN AND SUPERVISION SERVICES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW GUYANA REVENUE AUTHORITY HEADQUARTERS BUILDING, AT PLANTATION PATTENSEN, GREATER GEORGETOWN. REGION # 4.
3. The following documents will be available in the bid document when purchased by potential bidders:
(a) Terms of Reference (TOR) (Appendix 1);
(b) Supplementary information for consultants, including a suggested format of curriculum vitae (Appendix 2); and
(c) A sample format of the contract for consultants services under which the service will be performed (Appendix 3).
4. The Submission of Proposals
The proposals shall be submitted in two parts, Technical and Financial, and should follow the form given in the “Supplementary Information for Consultants.”
The proposals will be received at the following address:
National Procurement and Tender Administration Board
Ministry of Finance
Main and Urquhart Streets
No later than the following date and time: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 09:00hours
5. Bid Securing Declaration
Signed & completed bid declaration form. Pg. 48-49.
Bidder must submit valid Certificates of Compliance from the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA), National Insurance Scheme (NIS), and VAT Registration.
7. Evaluation Criteria
The Employer will award the Contract to the Bidder whose bid is determined to be substantially responsive to the bidding documents, and who offered the Lowest Evaluated Bid Price, provided that this Bidder has been determined to be eligible and have met the qualification requirements in accordance with the Criteria on page 38.
8. Deciding Award of Contract
Your proposal will be evaluated and ranked on its merit in accordance with the evaluation criteria outlined in the Supplementary Information attached and, if selected, could eventually form the basis for negotiations and, ultimately, a contract between your firm and the Procuring Entity. It is anticipated that contract negotiations with the selected firm would commence within two weeks before contract has been signed and the assignment would commence within a month.
Negotiations will be held with you only if the technical proposal attains the required minimum score. You must be prepared to furnish the detailed cost break-down and other clarifications to the proposals submitted by you, as may be required to adjudge the reasonableness of your price proposals. If the negotiation with you is successful, the award will be made to you. If negotiations fail, and if it is determined that a contract with reasonable terms cannot be concluded with you, the process of selection of Consultant, issue of letter of invitation etc. will be repeated with the second ranked consultant, and so on, until an agreed contract is concluded.
9. Please note that the Guyana Revenue Authority is not bound to select any of the Consultants submitting proposals.
10. If your firm does not have the necessary expertise for a specific task, you may not associate with another firm or engage specialists or experts to enable presentation of a full range of expertise required for the assignment. In order to assure the effective use of local knowledge, support institutional development and transfer of technology, you are encouraged to associate with qualified organizations and/or individual specialists from Guyana for one or more tasks, in part or in full, but your firm shall be the prime consultant.
11. You are required to hold your proposal valid for 120 days from the date of submission during which period you will maintain without change, your proposed price. The Procuring Entity is expected to finalize the agreement within this period.
12. In order to familiarize yourselves with the project and the local conditions you may wish to visit the project area. In this case you should advise the procurement entity of your intended visit in adequate time to allow them to make appropriate arrangements. However, it should be clearly understood that any costs incurred by you for collection of preliminary information, for preparation of the proposal or for the subsequent negotiations will not be reimbursable as a direct cost of the assignment.
13. Assuming that the contract can be satisfactorily concluded in time, you will be expected to take-up/commence the assignment two weeks after contract has been signed.
14. We wish to remind you that any manufacturing or construction firm with which you might be associated, will not be eligible to participate in bidding for any goods or works resulting from or associated with the project of which this consulting assignment forms a part.
15. Tax Liability
(a) Domestic Consultants and Foreign Consultants who are resident in Guyana: Please note that the remuneration which you receive from this contract will be subject to the normal tax liability in Guyana. Kindly contact the relevant tax authorities for further information in this regard, if required;
16. We would appreciate if you would inform us by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(a) Your acknowledgment of the receipt of this letter of invitation; and
(b) Whether or not you will be submitting a proposal.
Guyana Revenue Authority