Foreign Driver’s Permit
A person who is a Foreign National visiting Guyana and who is the holder of a valid Foreign Driver’s Licence will be allowed to drive in Guyana for a period of sixty (60) days after entry into Guyana.
Requirements for Driving with a Foreign Licence
- Must be the holder of a valid driver’s licence issued by competent authority in country of residence.
- Must have documents (such as passport) which shows date of entry into Guyana.
After the sixty (60) days, a person must apply for a Foreign Driver’s Permit to continue driving on the roadways.
Requirements for Obtaining a Driving Permit
- Completed Application Form
- A Valid Foreign Driver’s Licence (original and copy); if licence is not in English, a translation of the document from the respective Embassy or International Language Institute.
- A valid copy of your Passport
The cost for this Licence is Two Thousand Guyana Dollars (G$2,000.00).