If you have lost or damaged your Motor Vehicle Registration, the following steps should be taken in ensuring that your lost or damaged licence is replaced urgently:

  1. Obtain an Affidavit of Lost or Damaged Registration from a Justice of Peace (JP) or a Commissioner of Oaths (Provide the original Affidavit or the Police Report (Extract) to the Guyana Revenue Authority)
  2. Provide the original and a copy of a valid proof of identification (ID, Passport, Driver Licence)

The cost is G$1000.

Note: If the vehicle was lodged as collateral at any Bank or Financial institution a release Letter is needed.