The Revenue Authority invites proposals from experienced and qualified canteen operators to provide canteen services to GRA’s Branch Office New Amsterdam, Lot 8 Ferry Street and Esplanade Road, New Amsterdam. The mission of the Authority is to promote compliance with Guyana’s Tax, custom and related laws through quality service and risk-driven enforcement programs supported by a cadre of competent staff.
The New Amsterdam Branch office currently has thirty-one (31) staff inclusive of both Customs and Internal Revenue Departments. The Canteen operator will have to provide service to a minimum of ten (10) persons.
The proposals should reflect the diversity of religious background of the staff/persons. Occasionally, there will be special demands placed on the canteen operator to provide packages for workshops, training and conferences.
The objective of this Request for Proposal is to find an individual and or entity that will be able to offer a standard, predictable and repeatable staff canteen service at the GRA office premises.
The scope of the Agreement/Contract is to provide balanced nutritional, healthy and tasty meals inclusive of snacks to staff and on occasions to visitors during workshops, conferences and meetings.
Based on the quality of the proposal submitted, GRA intends to select applicants for an interview.
Further, the successful applicant is expected to conclude a Service contract /Agreement with the GRA.
ROLE OF GRA
GRA is responsible for ensuring that orders are placed in a timely manner, thus to facilitate timely delivery of meals/snacks.
ROLE OF THE CANTEEN OPERATOR
The Canteen operator shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all personnel under its employ of must wear the following:
- Identification Card issued by the GRA
- Gloves while preparing food/snack
- Appropriate footwear when preparing meals
- Ensuring that updated Food Handling Certificates are obtained.
- Ensuring that the quality of food and service presented during the food tasting, be maintained throughout the term of concession.
- Regular catering services for snacks, etc. for meetings/training /conferences on or off the main office.
- Ensuring cleanliness and proper hygiene in the preparation, handling and serving of food.
Duration of Contract
The Caterer shall be given one (1) year service agreement, with an optional extension subject for review based on:
- The performance and to existing service
- Client satisfaction survey’s
- Committee Recommendations.
Termination of Contract
GRA reserves the right to pre-terminate the contract for the operator’s breach of any of the provisions of the contract or poor performance including sustenance of sanitary preparation and cooking of the food, subject to sixty (30) days prior notice.
Basic Qualification Requirement
An applicant must have a proven track record in the canteen/ restaurant operation for at least two (2) years.
Scope of work
Delivery of meals to be provided during the following period;
- 08:00hrs. – 16:30 hrs. Mondays to Thursdays
- 08:00 hrs. – 15:30 hrs. on Fridays
Note: The Canteen operator may be requested to provide meals, snacks and beverages for some events/ meetings outside the normal working hours.
The applicants required to submit Menus which should be consistent with various dishes amendable to the GRA.
The applicants required to provide a “Taste Test’’ to the Staff at the New Amsterdam Office
The caterer must provide a quotation/invoice and may make provision to accept credit orders.
Proposals need to include the following elements:
- Two (2) example menus.
- One (1) Meeting package for 10 persons with relative prices.
- Description of the cooking process: It should also explain how hygiene will be promoted in the kitchen where the food is prepared and kept. A visit will be done of the food preparation and storage area by the Committee.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from previous clients which will be evaluated with other attributes according to the following criteria and weight given: Price (30 %); Quality of food menus (40%); Cooking/ preparation process (30%).
Deadline for submission of Proposals:
Proposals should be labelled CANTEEN OPERATOR and submitted on or before April 2, 2021 @15:30 hrs. to the following address:
Guyana Revenue Authority
200 – 201 Camp Street