The Guyana Revenue Authority is facilitating registration and examination of motor vehicles by appointment at its Licence Revenue Operations located at the GRA’s Parking Lot at the Lamaha Railway Embankment, Camp and Lamaha Streets.
Persons are encouraged to ensure they have all the required documents for their transaction on the date of the appointment.
Cost: Motor Cycles- G$750 | Motor Vehicles – G$1500
Documents required when registering a new motor vehicle, where applicable, are:
- Completed Motor Vehicle Registration form
- Valid identification (National ID, Passport or Driver’s Licence)
- Assessment notice
- Payment receipt
- Original invoice
- Bill of Lading (Way Bill)
- Original Manufacturer’s Certificate or Salvage Certificate
- An official translation of the registration or cancellation where the country of origin is a non-English speaking one
- Tax Exemption Letter (if applicable)
Note: Present documents along with motor vehicle on the date of appointment.
Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle
Cost: Motor Cycles- G$5,000 | Cars, Minibuses, Other Vehicles: G$25,000 or 2% of selling price or value, whichever is greater
The following documents must be produced:
- Completed Motor Transfer Registration form (vendor completes top; buyer completes bottom)
- Original Certificate of Registration or Affidavit of Lost Certificate of Registration (if original is lost or misplaced)
- TIN (both parties)
- Original and copy of valid form of ID of both parties (National ID, Passport or Driver’s Licence)
- Agreement of Sale, Bill of Sale, Deed of Gift, Court order, etc. (where applicable)
- If a company, an authorisation letter, stamped and signed for a representative to act on behalf of the company.
Note: Present documents on date of appointment. Both parties, or power of attorney, must be present for the processing of the transaction on the date of appointment.
Change of Engine / Colour
The following documents are required:
- Original Certificate of Registration or an Affidavit of Lost or Misplaced Registration
- Original and copy of valid form of ID (National ID, Passport or Driver’s Licence)
- Original and copy of the receipt of purchase of engine (if change of engine)
- If a company, an authorisation letter stamped and signed for a representative to act on behalf of the company.
Note: Present documents and motor vehicle for examination on the date of the appointment.
Change of Intended Use
To change a vehicle from ‘P’ to ‘G’ or to ‘B’ the vehicle must meet the following requirements:
- Approved Cancellation Letter from the GPF Certifying Office
- Original Registration or an Affidavit of Lost Registration
- Valid form of ID (National ID or Passport)
- If changing from private to hire or to goods, the difference in the annual licensing fee is calculated and the applicant is required to pay the balance.*
Application forms can be accessed here: https://www.gra.gov.gy/forms/#licence-revenue-office-all
To make an appointment for motor vehicle registration or examination purposes, email email@example.com or WhatsApp +592-655-0806 (messages only).
LRO Office operating hours are Mondays – Thursdays from 7:00AM to 3:30 PM and Fridays from 7:00AM to 2:30PM. Auto-dealers will be granted three half hour slots daily to complete their transactions.