Validity Period: 5 years
3. Copy of valid identification. Passport or National ID
4. One passport-sized photograph
5. A Certificate of Competence issued by the Certifying Officer of the Guyana Police Force
NOTE: Foreigners applying for a new licence, must submit their current foreign driver's licence. If the licence is not written in English, a translation should be submitted
- The applicant must submit all documents to the Officer.
- The applicant will be directed to the lodgment area while his/her documents are being processed.
- Once all documents are verified, the Officer will direct the applicant to have his/her photograph taken.
- The applicant will be issued with a lodgment slip stating the return date (this slip must be kept safely). Foreigners will be asked to return within two weeks to pay and uplift their licence.
- Upon the return date, the applicant must present the previously issued lodgment slip to the Cashier to make the required payment of $5,000.00 and uplift the licence.
- The applicant will further be directed to the dispatch desk to follow the final necessary procedures and uplift his/her new driver's licence.